Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yesterday

I went to the Haven after work yesterday so that Steve and/or Gene could get my character caught up for this coming Friday's D&D game. It didn't take long.

When I got home around 6:30, I put my stuff away, started my laundry, and then tried to move my laptop into the kitchen so I could watch Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight while I cooked. No go. The laptop kept shutting off abruptly just as I was plugging it into the wall.

I called my dad to ask why it might do that. He said that the powerpack and/or battery in the laptop might be dead, so it could survive in the dock (which has its own power pack), but not plugged straight into the wall.

So, I cooked my casserole without entertainment.

At first, I was annoyed because when I looked in the pantry, the box of elbow macaroni I'd been planning to use was already open and looked like it was halfway gone. But once everything was cooked and put together, I saw that was a good thing--the ingredients were much better proportioned that way.

I wanted to add some of the beef sausage I bought last month to the casserole, but I think Jenn and Amit (or rather, just Amit, since Jenn's a vegetarian) ate them. Which isn't really a problem, since they share their food with me too, but I didn't even get to eat one of them before they were gone. :(

Anyway, I finished making the casserole, and filled up a plate then put the rest into containers. There were only two filled this time, so I'll have just enough to make it through lunch and dinner today and tomorrow. I'll buy lunch on Friday.

Then, I sat down at my desk and started Dragonlance while I ate the casserole. But the audio skipped a lot, so I decided to just finish eating and watch it upstairs instead.

The casserole turned out better than the last one. First, the proportions were better, so the soup coated everything a lot easier, making the whole dish more moist. Then, the soup was cream of mushroom, instead of cream of onion, and that worked better too, since there were already mushrooms in the dish and the soup enhanced that flavor. Also, I added some cheddar cheese, and put more minced garlic (still don't have any powdered) into it than last time, so it was more flavorful.

Sometime during the evening, I switched the laundry in the machines.

So I watched the movie after I'd finished dinner. It was okay, but could have been better. I posted a review of it on NetFlix, but it won't show up for another day or two.

When the movie was over, it was time to fold the jeans and put the rest of the wash into the dryer, so I did that, and then went downstairs to my computer to watch Superman Doomsday on Instant Play at NetFlix.com. That was great. I also reviewed that movie on the site, and that review won't show up until tomorrow or Friday either.

After the movie, it was around midnight, so I went upstairs to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment