Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, January 1, 2007

Original Fiction by DSDragon

My Original Fiction
Over the years, I've written a few things that weren't part of any fandom. Here are some of those works.
  • Inkwells - Various stories written in response to prompts from the Haven's writing group, the Inkwells.
  • Drabbles - Various drabbles written in various places, inspired by single words.
  • Miscellaneous Scenes from Writer's Block Exercises - Various drabbles and scenes inspired by The Writer's Block.
  • Horrors! - A short bit of horror inspired by The Writer's Block.
  • Graffiti Mystery - Challenge from The Writer's Block: Invent a character who sees a phone number on a restroom wall. Describe what happens when he or she dials it.
  • An Elsewhere to Be - Two Challenges from The Writer's Block. Sparkword: Waiting. Challenge: Describe the most boring job you've ever suffered through.
  • Aeila's Lesson - A story I wanted to submit to the Writers of the Future contest. I think I actually did, but I didn't win. Oh well, looking back, I realize it wasn't all that well-written anyway. A mixture of fantasy, LDS fiction, and historical fiction. Originally posted at FictionPress.com, but taken down for the possibility of a re-write. I'm never going to re-write it, so I've decided to post it here.
  • Darkhaven - A short story based on a character (Runia Darkhaven) I created for a Yahoo!Group RPG based on DragonLance. The story itself has nothing to do with DragonLance though, so the story is here in the Original Fiction section. Originally posted at FictionPress.com, but taken down for the possibility of a re-write. I'm never going to re-write it, so I've decided to post it here.
  • Enzera and Various Re-Writes - A mystery that I wanted to write, but could never get past the first chapter or so. The first two are relatively similar, while the third one is the most drastic re-write. "Enzera" is a foreign form of "influenza." I can't remember whether it's German or something else. "Magenzera" is basically "stomach flu," or a bastardized version thereof. Originally posted at FictionPress.com, but taken down for the possibility of a re-write. I'm never going to re-write it, so I've decided to post it here. This story concept has been abandoned.
  • Facebook Friends Writing Exercises - Three short stories based on challenges I asked my Facebook friends to set for me.  Each challenge is included in the notes before the story begins.
    • A Zippy Discovery - This story is about a discovery made on an alien world by human colonists.
    • After the Bell - This time, the story is about a student of English Literature and a paper he's written.
    • Working with the Voices - This one was a bit more elaborate, and the result made me kind of ambivalent about posting it.  For one thing, it deals with subjects with which I’m not that familiar, and for another, it gets a bit preachy toward the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment