Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, January 1, 2007

What I Wish You Could See so That You Would See Me for Me and for How I Feel About You by DSDragon

I'm happy for you,

I really am.

It's a blessing that you've found

Someone who, to you, is easier to be around.

You deserve someone to keep you warm,

Someone who will keep you from doing harm

To yourself, or those who you hate the most.



Oh dear.

You're asking for advice,

For counsel on what to do,

What to say to her.



Do I tell you to leave her,

And then keep you for myself

In a triumphant, if pitiful, fit of jealousy?



Or do I tell you what I,

In similar circumstances,

Would do?



Do I tell you what I would do if I felt I was using

Someone I cared about and loved,

As you feel you are doing to her?



Should I give you the best advice I am able,

The window into a woman's heart

(Not only hers, not just any woman's,

But my own desires as well),

And then leave the decision to you,

No matter how badly that decision is capable

Of tearing me inside-out?



Or do I tell you to leave her,

And then swoop in?

That would be against my nature,

My befriended and beloved Finn.



But, If I were to be the jealous one,

I would win;

Although, not by much.



For, not only would I betray my best friend in the world,

But also someone he cared for,

And who cares for him as much as I.



With all of your life's troubles,

You deserve someone

Who cares for you as well as,

Or better than I ever can,

So far away,

I being an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment