Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, January 1, 2007

Empathy by DSDragon

I read your words,
Feel the pain of which you write.
You say that life hurts,
But you can't change it.
You aren't willing to fight.

I try to help;
I don't know what to do.
And yet, there are times,
I know that I've gotten through.

Other times, I wrack my brains
To find something that will make you
Leave the sorrow behind;
Something to remind you how to laugh.

All in vain.
You become weary,
Time and again.
I do not know how
To help you anymore.

How much I wish I knew,
You can never surmise.
I care for you:
More with everything I realize about you.

I love you:
More than words can say.
I wish there were a way
For me to know how
To help you through every sorrow,
And through all the pain.

But every time is different.
Nothing works the same.
If I were told that
There was one single way to help you,
Every time helping lessen the pain.
I would be the first to try.

But now,
Helpful or not,
All I can do is cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment