Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, January 1, 2007

It's All so Clear Now by DSDragon

When will I ever
Learn?
We'd start as friends,
We'd said.
What we'd done?
That was not so . . .
Quaint.
Kisses confused,
Caresses beguiled.
Down was backward,
And sideways?
Loop-de-loop.

Fun,
You called it.
I longed for
Three words
Promising even
A fraction
Of Forever.
I yearned for
Now and Always.
With the pull
Of a thousand suns,
It bade me taste
Of eternity,
With anyone who would
Co-partake.

But in love
With Love and Lust
Is not in love
With You.
Just Lust.
(And Friendship,
Begging
to have a turn.)

More fun
-Innocently- had.
Meals, games, entertainment.
Priceless time
Spent cultivating
A trust so perfect
The words
"We should date"
Now seem profane,
Threatening the bliss
Of Comrades.

Formerly,
I'd wished
Just that:
Acknowledgment,
One way or
Another.
Friends?
Couple?
I couldn't tell
And hoped you knew.

Now,
I know that
Passion
Is best left
To those in love-
With each other.

You are not
my Lover,
And may not
Ever be,
But, Should I die
Tomorrow
-Unlikely though it seems-
I'd die smiling,

Remembering
The times spent
Between
My best friend

And Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment