Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, January 1, 2007

A Weasley Twin's Worries by DSDragon

Author's Notes: This was also done for an Inflecto application, and I ALSO go the part.

Disclaimer: Fred Weasley does not belong to me, neither do Albus Dumbledore, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, or George and Molly Weasley.

I know I told Mum we wouldn't try to join, so's not to worry her, but I just can't get it out of my mind that George and I can help with the war. There were times, during those "chats" we had with the Headmaster--or should I just call him Dumbledore now?--that I really thought he saw through me and George quite easily.

What did he see? Even now, I wonder. We never seriously crossed the old man, and I don't really know why we didn't, other than that . . . look he sometimes gave us. That look seemed to bore a hole in me, and it had nothing to do with Occlumency or mind-reading, I can tell you that.

Potential. Maybe that's what he saw. But potential for what? George and I just want to have fun.

No, that's not entirely true. We want to make people laugh, to help them see the silver lining in the raincloud that is You-Know-Who and his Death Eaters. And maybe, just maybe, some of the pranks we've invented could be used to the Order's advantage. I'd test that theory myself, if concern for Mum's emotional state wasn't holding me out of the Order.

But, honestly, I don't know how much longer that reason will hold. George and I are of age now, and technically, Mum can't make us stay out, but I will . . . for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment