Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, January 1, 2007

Revelations by DSDragon

I feel as though I've lost something.
What, I think you might just know.
You see, these poems have a way
Of letting answers show.
The loss I speak of is nothing major.
It's nothing that puts one in danger.
I've not lost my virginity,
Nor do I wish for pity,
Only something more.
It all began one dreary night in December.
Our love was more than just the common ember.
It was such a lovely night,
That lovely, dark December.
And then, I blew it.
I knew it was wrong: Letting you touch me there.
It tickled, you know, and I couldn't dare
To say out loud the word your parents would hear.
But then I didn't like it.
I tried to tell you so-
I pulled away your hand, was about to whisper "no,"
When you put it back again,
You thought it was a game.
I tried to stop you again and again.
But you wouldn't give up, so I made a mistake:
I did.
I just sat there and bore the shame.
Oh, how I wished to stop that game.
For it made me feel worthless,
All I deserved was shame.
Now you've heard the story,
But you knew it before.
All humans need love,
But we also need more.
I'm hoping this poem will settle the score.
In your eyes, I see no diminished love for me,
But that's not what I want.
Yes, all humans want love, including me.
But that's not all.
There is something that in your eyes I cannot detect.
It is respect.
And it is my fault.

-January 31, 2000
4:10 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment