Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I hate moving.

It's just way too much work.

Anyway, I am now living in my parents' camper in their back yard, with a few bins of stuff which I might need from day to day or week to week (like clothes and my computer). It's actually kind of cozy, even though the roof leaks in a couple places and the power goes out every few days or so. This morning the power went out at least two hours ago, and it hasn't come back on, so I've been trying to figure out why. It's the outlet that the camper is connected to on the outside of the house.

I tried every breaker inside the camper, plus the breaker for the outlet in the house, but the power still wouldn't come back on. So Dad said to try taking something electric out to the cord and the outlet to see if the power is even coming to the camper at all. I took the little hanging "lantern" out to the place where the cord plugs into the camper--it didn't turn on. Then I plugged it into the outdoor outlet--still didn't turn on. Finally, I brought it into the kitchen and plugged it in there--it turned on. So I need to find another outlet which the extension cord can reach before I'll get power in the camper again. I'm typing up this entry on my dad's computer inside while he's at church with Jason.

Bart from the Haven helped me get my furniture and most of my other stuff to my storage unit last weekend with his "Mobile Opression Palace" (a huge SUV)--thanks, Bart! Then Kayla and I went back to the townhouse on Wednesday to pack up our dishes and such. We left all of the tupperware-type containers for Jenn and Amit, since we didn't really have anywhere to use them. Then yesterday I went back to the townhouse and vacuumed my room, Kayla's old room, and the living room, then cleaned my full bathroom and the half-bath on the second floor--Neha helped me with that one. After I swept the dining/common room, I was done.

Speaking of the Haven, things are going well there. We finished our last Friday night 3.5 dungeon crawl a few weeks ago, and Gene and Steve decided to start teaching us D&D 4.0. We created our characters last week, and then this past Friday started actually playing. We killed a few kobolds, and then stopped for the night. My character is a dragonborn warlock.

On Thursdays, we have what I like to call "Crazy Thursday." Three Thursdays ago, Bart ran a Buffy game--although it was just creating characters, since we've decided not to play with the original cast anymore in favor of a setting in the Gold Rush time period. Then two weeks ago, he ran a new D&D 3.5 game, in which I play a gnomish cleric, with a dwarven fighter/cleric cohort.

This past week was the first session (in which character creation was done, and not much else) of the very first RPG I've ever run. I'm running a Serenity game, and I'm hoping it's going to be awesome. The only reason we couldn't do more than create characters this week was because the guy who will be playing the captain of the ship (once the crew has a ship, that is) was home sick. Next week is either going to be a free week, or the week which we start the actual Serenity game, if Brian (ship's captain guy) can make it both next week and for the July 24th session. Truthfully, I'm pretty nervous about running my first RPG, but hopefully it'll be fun. I've introduced a concept that I haven't seen done before--transient characters. There were a bunch of people who wanted to play the game, or watch the system, and I could only handle 3-4 actual crew members, so I introduced the transient characters idea so that some other players could get into the system at least every once in a while.

Not much more to say now, except that I wish the power in the camper was back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment