Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More House Hunting, etc.

Anna, Kayla and I went house hunting last Thursday. We took Jason with us, because he wanted to go to the Haven with me afterward. We only found one house that we were even remotely interested in definitely pursuing--all the others were low maybes, at best.

It was on Vienna Ct, and if it had had a basement (not to mention at least one more parking space--we do have three cars between the four of us, after all) it would've almost been perfect. As it is, if we do pursue that house, I'll at least need to sell a good half of my stuff--including my desk--since there will only be room for basic living items (bed, dresser, night stand) in the bedrooms, and only the kitchen, dining room and living room as common areas to put other stuff.

But, oh well. It's not like I've actually been using most of that stuff for the last eight months or so anyway--it's all been in storage. But I have been finding that I need to get things out of storage every once in a while; if I sold the stuff that I wasn't using, then one day I might actually need to use it, and wouldn't have it anymore to use. Though the money from selling the stuff could help in a more immediate manner, I'm sure.

I'm on the 9th Discworld book, Eric, and while I listened to Wyrd Sisters a few books back, I noticed that a lot of the plots so far have parallels in other stories. For instance, Wyrd Sisters is a very definite MacBeth parallel (it would probably be more accurate to say a "perpendicular," I think), and Pyramids is like a mélange of Old Testament stories--with some Greek and/or Roman mythology thrown in (Trojan Horse, anyone?).

On Saturday, there was a DCI-sanctioned Magic draft. I played and got some new cards. I had made three decks the night before with the cards I had, but forgot that I should wait until after the draft, since I was going to get more cards anyway. I'll re-make the decks tonight, hopefully better.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for an interesting house. And Yay for Terry Pratchett. He is very much satire and some of his books mock current events as well as ancient myth. *I think Fifth Elephant and Jingo most prominently come to mind in terms of world events at the time I read those*

    ReplyDelete