Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Non-Lazy Saturday

Yup, I actually did stuff after I woke up at 11:00 this morning!

When I got up, Tim was organizing the basement, but I hadn't had breakfast yet, so I went to the kitchen to get something to eat. I ended up having a glass of Kool-Aid, because I didn't realize that there was cereal in the pantry again (as of 1:00 this morning). He mentioned the need to organize my music better, and that got me to thinking about the movies we have in the laundry room, which are duplicates to ones we have on the movie shelves already.

Tim also mentioned that I need to get my un-read books out of the shed. I was originally planning to wait until the weather got warmer, and then having a yard sale, but today I decided against waiting.

Instead, I got the boxes of books out of the shed and went through the books on my brown shelves. I put all of the books that I'm never going to read (or read again) in bins, and rearranged the books I'm keeping onto one of the small shelves. Somewhere in there, I ate a really great, homemade salad.

Then, I went to Wonder Book & Video to try and sell the books, but they stop buying books at 4:00 p.m, and it was already 4:10. I'll try again tomorrow, since I won't be able to make it to Wonder Book during the week.

I then stopped at Music & Arts Center to see if they bought used instruments. They don't, and the guy didn't know anywhere in town that would. He did recommend Craigslist though.

My last stop was to get gas at Get-Go.

When I got back, I took the empty shelf down to the basement, and organized my music onto it before putting as much of my loose sheet music as I could into sheet protectors and putting those into the binder I use for that. I also put my recorders, my music stand, and my trumpet on the shelf, and put the shelf between my keyboard and the basement door.

Finally, I went upstairs to place an ad on Craigslist to sell my clarinet.

After that, I decided I was done for the day, and after I fed the animals I watched Smallville while playing Scrabble on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment