Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

50-Book Challenge

Okay, I wasn't planning on doing this today, but my Kindle's screen broke, so I had to get a new one, and there were books I've read that won't be transferring to the new device.

  1. The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Potzsch
  2. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  3. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
  4. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
  5. Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card
  6. Checkmate - A Beginner's Guide to Chess by Adam Stryvnski
  7. I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
  8. The Inferno by Dante Alighieri
  9. Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber
  10. By Schism Rent Assunder by David Weber
  11. By Heresies Distressed by David Weber
  12. A Mighty Fortress by David Weber
  13. How Firm a Foundation by David Weber
  14. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (for school)
  15. The Art of War by Sun Tzu (for school)
  16. Mutineers' Moon by David Weber (In progress)

2 comments:

  1. It's actually the second Kindle it's happened to. The first time, I had it in my gaming backpack, with some pencils and stuff, so I'm pretty sure that's what did the damage. The e-ink looked completely cracked, even though there was no physical crack in the screen itself. I hadn't bought a warranty for it, so I had to pay $65 for a replacement.

    And then the replacement--which I had been very careful to keep in my school backpack, in the flat pocket that's between my back and my laptop pocket--also got a "crack" in the screen. Though it was much less extensive this time. Only the upper left-hand corner was affected at first, and now about 1/3 of the top of the screen has the cracking.

    It was cheaper to get one of the $75 Kindles than to replace it with the same version that I had (the $139 keyboard version), since the $65 replacement was only a one-time thing.

    This newest Kindle doesn't have audio capabilities, but I'm not really worried about that, since I've got an iPod.

    ReplyDelete