Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

First Snow of the Season

For the first time in years, it's actually snowing before Christmas. I can't remember the last time that happened. Yesterday, they said that the meteorologist called for 2-4 inches today.

When I left for work this morning, it was coming down, sort of flurry-like, but there was a lot of it in the air. It had just barely begun to stick. I checked on it again before lunch, and there was at least 3/4 of an inch on the ground outside the basement office.

Just checked again--there are about two inches.

I'm going to have to shovel the walks when I get home today, or else I won't be able to move the car when I have to go to work. I can't afford to take snow days off right now, since I was just out sick for two days last week, and I didn't even have enough paid time off saved for that.

Last weekend, Anna and Jason came over and helped us decorate for Christmas. We got the tree set up, plus a few things we put in the cubby over the fireplace. Anna also set up the stockings, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment