Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Blech.

Tuesday was kind of a bad day. My nose was all stuffy and such.

Wednesday was worse; I had to blow my nose every ten minutes or so, and I was so knock-down-drag-out tired, I ended up staying home from work. Went to the doctor, and found out that, not only do I have a viral infection which is causing all this congestion, but I also have an ear infection. That last part is kind of odd, because my ear doesn't really hurt like the last time I remember having one--just itches a bit and feels kind of full-ish.

So the PA I saw gave me two prescriptions: Amoxicillin, for the ear infection, and Phenylhistine DH Liquid Qua . . . which is basically a really nice (purple) cough syrup with a decongestant mixed in, and--wonder of wonders--codiene! I can only take the cough syrup before bed though. Which is mostly when I need it, because Tuesday night, I had lots of trouble sleeping, since I kept having to blow my nose and get some water the whole night, and that was with the huge mound of pillows (plus my TV cushion and the large green blanket from downstairs) propping me up.

The PA said to stay home from work until I'd been on the Amox for at least 24 hours, so I stayed home yesterday too--got caught up on all but one episode of Numb3rs. Holy heck, that show boggles the mind in such a great way! (Not to mention, David Krumholz is really starting to grow on me, with his floppy, curlie-cue hair and such.)

Today, I went back to work, still pretty miserable, but unable to afford more time off. Truthfully, I can't really afford yesterday and Wednesday (don't have that much sick time saved), but oh well.

I still have to blow my nose a lot, but thankfully not as much as I had to two days ago. My nose was raw long before lunchtime Wednesday, and it doesn't look like it'll be back to normal anytime soon. The odd thing is, I'm coughing more now than I was two days ago.

1 comment:

  1. °Huggles* I'm so sorry you're sick. I can relate but not as much as I normally relate this time of year. *With the water running around our house my sinuses are killing me but I don't have the 'must have tissue now' every five minutes going on. The cough syrup is prolli a decongestant...which means all the fluid from your ear and your nose is running down your throat into your chest. *Sorry, not a pretty picture, I know* I personally hate that the coughing always gets worse before it gets better. *Hugs again* Chicken soup. or just chicken broth if you can stomach it. The warmth helps the throat and the lipids or something kick up the immune system. Odd, but it works well for me. I hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being sick around the holidays. I loves yah.

    H.

    ReplyDelete