Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Drawings

So, I've been drawing this weekend, for the first time in ages. I had to go to Wal-Mart to get more chalk pastels, but that's okay. I also bought an easel. Since I don't have a scanner, I went a little lower-tech, and took pictures of my drawings with my cell phone. I probably could've done better if I'd used my digital camera, but I didn't feel like going upstairs to get the camera and the downloading cord. So, I picture messaged the drawings to my e-mail, downloaded the pictures to my harddrive, and then uploaded them to PhotoBucket.

The first one I drew this weekend was on Thursday. It's a guy with some facial hair who looks like he could possibly be a Weasley, if his hair was redder.

The next one, which I finished on Friday, is of a blonde girl with a celtic knot choker. This was the first one I drew on the easel, and I think it's the best one of the three I did this weekend.

The third one I finished this morning, and is of a blue-eyed red head. I was out of ideas for drawing, so I just asked Kayla what I should draw: guy or girl, hair color, eye color, type of shirt, etc.

Overall, I think I tend to do better if I'm drawing people who don't actually exist. Don't believe me? The three pictures below are my sister Kimba, Anya (from Buffy--a.k.a. Emma Caulfield), and Buffy Summers (a.k.a. Sarah Michelle Gellar) respectively--or at least they're supposed to be. The pixellation doesn't count as messing up, just the actual drawings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! I didn't know you had such wonderful artistic capabilities!

    ReplyDelete