Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not Catching Up

It's been almost a week since my last entry and I'm kinda tired, so I'm not even going to try to catch up on what's been happening since then. I'll just start at yesterday instead.

Yesterday was Jason's 13th birthday. After work, I went to Mom & Dad's house, and Jason, Anna and Kayla were playing Halo on the projector screen (that was awesome--I could actually sort of see the other players against the background, and didn't lose as badly as I usually do) when I got there. I joined in for a little bit, then it was time for Jason to open his presents. I won't have any money until payday (tomorrow) so I just told him what I would be getting him on Saturday evening: new arrows for his bow.

He also got a Nintendo DS with four or five games (Code Lyoko, Pirates of the Caribbean--can't remember which, Lego Star Wars II, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and possibly one other that I can't remember the title of), plus a large Magnetix set, The Waterhorse and Teen Titans seasons 3 and 4.

Next, it was time for dinner, so we went to Ruby Tuesday (Jason's choice, of course). I was so full by the time we left, I thought I'd burst.

We had to go back in two cars, and Kimba ran a few errands with Kayla and Anna while Jason and I went back to the house with Mom & Dad. Jason played a few of his new games on the DS, and I played Super Mario Bros. on the old Gameboy Color I'd given him a few years back. Then, when Anna and Kayla got back, we all played more Halo until it was Jason's bedtime (taken to 10:00, since he's a teenager now, and usually wakes up before his alarm if he goes to bed at 9:30 anyway). At that point, I went home too, and bummed around on the 'net for about four hours.

I started to get ready for bed around 2am, was actually in bed and trying to sleep by 2:30, and the last time I saw the clock, it said 3am.

Oddly enough, I'm not as tired as I was earlier this week when I went to sleep between 11:30 and 1.

1 comment:

  1. that was alot of fun playing halo on the projector. we should do that again and soon before anna gets tired of playing the game and we dont see the xbox for a long time.

    ReplyDelete