Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Locked Myself Out

Yesterday after work, I took a shower, collected my trash for trash night, and started my laundry. Then I finished a couple of stories in the book I'm currently reading before I popped in MacGyver for the rest of the night. I watched four episodes (I think) while the laundry got done (I even managed to fold it and put it all away--except the jeans, which I'll have to fold and put away tonight), before I went to sleep.

This morning, I got ready for work, and then I got halfway to the car before I realized I'd forgotten my keys--again. So I walked around the row of townhouses to the front door, hoping Stacie would be there to answer it. I don't know what her car looks like, and I only saw two minivans in front of the house, but I rang the doorbell a few times anyway just in case she was there. Nobody answered (she might have just been asleep and unable to hear the doorbell though), but I forgot to knock as well. Jenn and Amit were gone already.

So, I called Anna and begged her to come unlock the door for me with her key. I sat on the back deck, on the edge of a wet chair, for about an hour. She had to get dressed before she came over, so that's why it took so long. But I got in the house and got my keys at least!

I ended up being about 45 minutes late for work. Man, that sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment