Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Sooooo Tired

Saturday evening, I got to Mom & Dad's around five. Mom, Dad and Jason were in Illinois for the weekend (visiting Aunt Julie, Uncle David and Matthew) so it was just me, Kimba, Anna and Kayla. We bummed around for a while, watching this really long count-down on VH1 about 100 teen stars, only for Anna and Kimba to gripe when Molly Ringwald turned out to be number one.

Around 8 or 9, some of Kimba's friends (and Camille) started showing up. There were 9-10 people in the living room once they all got there. We watched Shooter on the projector and screen, and had a couple of frozen pizzas.

After the movie, we played Scene It! twice, with three people to a team (four on one team, once the last person showed up in the middle of the first game). My team didn't win either game. Oh well.

Everybody left around 2am, then the four of us girls got ready for bed. Anna and I watched Danny Phantom, then Anna put in an episode of Family Guy and fell asleep. I made it through the episode awake, then stopped the disc and turned off the TV thinking I was going to go to sleep too. That was around 3:45 or so.

I ended up tossing and turning, unable to get to sleep for a while. The last time I looked at the clock, it was 5am.

Yesterday, I woke up at around noon and had a bowl of cereal. Then Anna, Kayla and I watched the first episode of Angel season 5. Kimba kept calling Anna downstairs in the middle of it though, so Anna wanted to find a way to watch it downstairs on the projector despite the light of day. She ended up covering the windows with her comforter and blanket, then turning off or dimming most of the lights.

We didn't watch anymore Angel though. Kimba decided to stay downstairs too, since we were all down there. Her original plan was to go upstairs to her room while we were in Anna's room, but since we were going to be downstairs anyway, she stayed.

Kimba doesn't care for Angel or Buffy--anything Whedon-esque, really. So, we watched the movie that Kimba bought yesterday while getting ingredients for dinner: Nancy Drew. That was a cute movie.

After that movie, we made dinner and ate it. We had chicken, broccoli, cheese, scalloped potatoes, and fruit salad. It was extremely yummy . . . and extremely filling. I wanted more, but I would have exploded if I'd actually eaten more.

After dinner, we cleaned up the mess, and cleaned Oreo's (my brother's hamster) cage. Anna found a way to hook up Kayla's Play Station 2 to the projector (and the speakers) using Jason's stereo, and we played Sing Star until a little past midnight, when we got ready to go to sleep.

The rodent got put back into her nice, clean cage, and everybody went to their respective rooms (I went to Anna's) to sleep. Anna and I watched another Danny Phantom; it was one I'd already seen before at least twice . . . the one with the nerd in the locker who tries to take over Danny's life. Then she fell asleep during Family Guy again, and this time I feel asleep pretty soon after the episode was over. That was around 1:30, I think.

I woke up this morning, got dressed, had breakfast, and came to work.

Man, I hate Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. okay seriously i was really pissed that molly ringwald ended up being #1. i mean it makes no sense at all. shes not even pretty. but whatever im just going to let it go and move on with my life.

    ReplyDelete