Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, March 10, 2008

I joined a club!

Thursday's class was fun. Instead of doing the lab individually, like I usually do, the whole class got around one table and we went through the lab together. It didn't help me much, since I usually get finished with the labs pretty quick, but it was fun talking to my classmates.

Not much happened on Friday.

Saturday, there was a play at the Maryland Ensemble Theater called Killer Joe. Anna and I went to see it. It was a head trip and a half--disturbingly enjoyable. And funny. Can't forget funny.

Yesterday, I had yet another appointment with the DirecTV people. It was supposed to be between 4pm and 8pm, so Anna, Kayla and I took the projector over to my house, and we watched Buffy and Angel on the wall in the living room. That part was fun.

We were at my house from about 3 until about 9:45, but nobody from DirecTV showed up. They didn't even call to say they weren't going to show up either! I called them this morning, but the nearest appointment they had was for tomorrow evening, so it looks like I'm going to have to risk being late for the astronomy lecture tomorrow. This whole situation is just ridiculous.

I was talking to Gabe (a guy I work with) about RPGs, and he told me about this club where they play games (board, card, RPG, etc.) and do crafts and have classes and stuff called The Haven. It seemed pretty cool, they're there pretty much all the time (though weekends are busier), and joining only costs $10 per month. (They only charge so that they can keep it to a private club--they only want about 100 members or so.) So I signed up. I'm going to go over there after work this evening (it's only a couple of blocks away from the office) to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. we should all go over to your house again with the projector and play singstar or halo or something else cause that was alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete