Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Non-D&D Fans, Read at Your Own Risk

Today, I've been putting all of my old character information into the AD&D 2nd Edition Character Sheet that I downloaded a couple of weeks ago. I had four characters, but I lost the information for the character I used to play online (Witheria something--I think she might've been either a cleric or a mage).

So, I put my other characters into character sheets. It was sort of confusing, because they had originally been created using the Skills & Powers and/or Spells & Magic options, but I wanted to just make them only reference the Player's Handbook. Plus, when I typed up all of the information, there was a bunch missing. Like one of my characters didn't have any equipment or gold listed at all.

I have two level one characters, and one level nine. The two level one characters are a half-elf fighter (I just created her so that I could learn to create characters, way back when), and an elven Cleric (who I created for the campaign that Matt & I started, with his friend Tim DM-ing when I was 15). Both of those characters have a lawful good alignment.

The level 9 character is a mage (alignment neutral evil), who I had originally created as a level one character, but got bumped up by the DM to 9th, so that I could use her in the DragonLance Play By E-Mail campaign I played in 2000. There was a whole bunch of confusing stuff to put into the character sheets--not the least of which was the fact that I'd lost the page with her ability scores on it, so I had to guess based on everything else! Also, the DM added a bunch of cool stuff from the Dungeon Master's Guide, which I kept.

The character I created a couple of weeks ago for 2nd edition is an 8th level thief. It was much easier to fill in the character sheet for her than for the other three 2nd edition characters.

I also organized my D&D binder. Now, it has four sections: Current Characters, Old 2nd Edition Characters, Old 3.5 Edition Characters, and Other Stuff (this is for extra character sheets, notes used during/about character creation, and basic information on the Haven).

Now that's all done and I won't be thinking about it anymore, I shall go take a shower and go to Mom & Dad's for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I think I want to bring my Character sheets home with me next time I come and go Gaming with you at Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd say something like that. I get a guest pass.

    ReplyDelete