Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Let's Go . . .

Monday evening was good. I went straight from work back to Mom & Dad's house. When I got there, Anna was just getting in the car, so she took me to her work and we sent a fax that I needed to send, but my Dad's fax machine wouldn't work for.

Once we got back, we watched three episodes each of Buffy and Angel, including "The Body, Forever," and "Intervention." I can't remember the titles of the Angel episodes we watched, but they were the corresponding episodes from those three points in the second season.

I got home around midnight, then crashed.

Tuesday, I went to work, then came home and started my laundry. I got the first load washed and dried, and the second load was going in the dryer (third load in the wash) before I had to leave for class. After class, I finished the laundry while reading.

Speaking of reading, I finished Persuasion yesterday, and started Pride and Prejudice this morning. Since I've seen two different film versions of this book, I suspsect that I'll have an easier time discerning emotions, despite the very-formal language, since I already know what's going on.

After work yesterday, I took my kite across the street to the church parking lot. It was a very nice day for it, and I wanted to fly my kite before it got dark. I got the kite to fly to the end of its string, and stayed out until my hands got too cold. Then I went about the rest of my at-home stuff. I managed to get caught up on my fanfic reading, and took down some notes on Persuasion, as well as doing a little more research for the article I'm going to write about these books.

Anna and Kayla came over for a while, and Anna and I played a bunch of music. I taught her the first few bars of "Robinton's First Whistle Tune" on my recorder, and then we played various instruments, ending in me playing the piano (mostly one-handed) while we both sang a bit. She also tried my trumpet and my (broken) clarinet, and I played some guitar and trumpet too.

Before I went to sleep last night, I finished watching the first season of Duck Tails--finally. Now, I just have seven seasons of MacGyver to get through, and I'll be all caught up on my DVD-watching.

Tonight the sub-contractor for the DirecTV is supposed to come over. I've been checking WeatherBug constantly the past couple days, just to make sure there won't be any wind gusts this evening--I want to be able to watch TV (and not just movies and serieses on DVD) darn it!

I may be late for class tonight, if the sub-contractor stays later than 7:30. I'll have to leave by 7:30 to be on time for class, and I suspect I won't be able to leave an hour early and read in the foyer (or on a bench in the hallway) like I usually do, since I might have to wait for the guy to leave. If Amit's not home, Jenn won't want to be alone with the guy, and if neither of them are home, then I'll have to be there anyway. If both of them are home, I still want to be there, for anti-confusion purposes.

It's a good thing it's just a lab tonight. I can get it done pretty quickly, even if I'm a little late for class. If the guy stays past 9:00 (which isn't really likely) however, I'll probably just have to e-mail the teacher and get the lab from him on Tuesday or something. But it probably won't come to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment