Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Yay TV!

The DirecTV guys didn't show up until almost 8pm last night, but they did get there. They also hooked up the dish to Stacie's and my receivers. We now have "cable" TV in our rooms. Finally.

The list of channels was somewhat confusing (there were multiple numbers for channels of the same name) so I went through and picked out my favorites and made my very own reference sheet, with all of my favorites sorted three different ways: by number, by name, and by call sign.

I checked out The Haven on Monday after work, although I only stayed a few minutes because I had to do laundry. It's a pretty cosy setup, and I liked what I saw, so I'm definitely going to go back as often as I can.

I'm also going to upgrade my membership starting next month. The $10 per month is the Standard Gaming membership (one-day guest membership is $5, with the first visit per month free), but I want a Crafting membership as well, because I want to be able to use the forge and get to sign up for some of the crafting classes a month before everyone else. The Crafting membership is $25 per month.

Right now, I'm not experienced enough with role-playing games in general to be a Game Master, but when I am, I'll want a GM membership too. By itself, the GM membership is $25. If I combine the GM and the Crafting memberships, I'll only have to pay $10 more, for a total of $35 per month (instead of $50).

Since I had to wait for the DirecTV guys to come and leave last night (nobody else was home), I was about an hour late for class. Luckily, they were still there, and Bryson (one of my classmates--he always types up his notes due to poor handwriting) was able to e-mail me the notes I'd missed. I'll copy them into my notebook when I get home from work.

I also found out last night that we won't be having class tomorrow, so combined with Spring Break next week, I won't have to go to class again until the 25th. Sweet! That means more Haven time for Darcy!

I can't go tonight, because Anna asked me to help her with her homework tonight, but I was already planning to go on Friday anyway, since they're having a free How to Play D&D 3.5 class that evening. So I'll get to go two days in a row--three, if I can afford to take the $25 Leather book binding class on Saturday (I get paid on Friday, and have to pay bills and buy groceries, but other than that I should have enough, I hope).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darcy,

    We meet tonight at The Haven. I was in your D&D class. The Warforge Fighter. Its funny you mentioned WeatherBug, I worked their for 10 years. Send me an email sometime and maybe we can figure out some strategy on this campaign. Also, I'm going to have to check out your Harry Potter fanfic, I'm a huge HP fan. Have a good night.

    Bart
    blewisjr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete