Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catching Up

On Thursday, I went to the Haven after work, and met a few people (there were actually more girls there than I thought there would be--I was only 1 of 4 that I saw). Then I played Rock Band on the X-Box there. I did drums and vocals, and I have to say I was better at the drums, since I didn't really know any of the song lyrics or anything.

Friday, I went back again, and got in on the D&D 3.5 game for newbies. My character is a ranger.

Saturday, after doing some things at home, I went to Mom & Dad's, and Anna, Kayla and I (and sometimes Jason) watched Buffy and Angel. Anna wanted to get through episode 18 of Buffy season 7 and Angel season 4 before Kayla left to go to Alabama for 8 days (or was it 10?). We finished Angel 4.18 around 12:30 Monday morning, and then went straight to sleep.

Yesterday, I went to get my allergy shots, then I went to Staples. I had gotten $175 for my work in the primary election last month, so I could afford a few more supplies that I needed. I got two more of each ink cartridge for my newer printer (an HP Deskjet F4135 All-in-One--my HP Deskjet 722C doesn't need new ink yet, since I haven't been using it for a while), a couple reams of paper, some batteries, and a little calculator to put on my keychain (since I'm sick of having to do math on paper, on my Palm Pilot, or in my head all the time).

When I got home, I watched a couple episodes of MacGyver (I'm now finished season 1, disc 2--so the next time I watch I'll be starting on episode 1.09), then finished Sense and Sensibility and started Emma. I only got one chapter into that though.

I have four days to finish Emma and read the entirety of Mansfield Park. If I don't finish the last one by Friday (or at the very latest, mid Saturday morning), then I won't have time to write that article for the school newspaper, because the deadline is Monday, March 24, and I know I won't be able to get any writing done at Mom & Dad's house.

I was originally thinking of going to the Haven for board game night tonight, but I've really got to crack down and finish my reading, so I'm going to stay in and do that. If I don't get back to the Haven by Thursday, then I'll definitely be going on Friday for the next session of D&D.

No comments:

Post a Comment