Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Friday, January 23, 2009

First Fitting

So, I headed to Hagerstown yesterday straight after work. I got to David's Bridal with a full half-hour to spare before my appointment, and sat outside the alterations area while the seamstress pinned up a bride's gown.

Once she was ready for me, I put the dress on (which definitely took more effort than typing about it) and did the whole "stand on the platform, walk back and forth" thing.

The dress fit perfectly--seriously, the bodice was nice and snug (but not tight), and the hem line was just where it needs to be. I'm a little disappointed that the dress is size 14, but that's my own fault for being a bit over-weight.

Anyway, since the dress was perfect, no alterations were needed, and I got to take the dress home. Before I left the bridal shop, I bought a nice ($10) dress bag for it. It's the most expensive dress I've ever owned (and also quickly becoming one of my favorites), so you'd better believe I'm going to keep it as nice as I can, and part of that is putting a sturdy dress bag on it while it's not being worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment