Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Drawing Projects

So, I've decided to draw a bunch of characters from Angel. The whole idea came from when I was watching the last 6 or 7 episodes of season 4--Jasmine's face just looked so interesting.

Anyway, I started taking screen caps of different characters (the ones I hadn't already drawn, that is), and ended up with thirteen screen caps. Here they are in alphabetical order (I've already drawn Angel and Cordelia, years ago):

  • Connor
  • Darla
  • Eve
  • Fred
  • Gunn
  • Harmony
  • Illyria
  • Jasmine
  • Lilah
  • Lindsey
  • Lorne
  • Marcus
  • Wesley
I decided to start with Fred, and got the basic pencil sketch done, blended it and then sealed the layer with hairspray, like usual. Now, it's time to start adding the low-light layers, and I want to finish the drawing. I just don't want to draw right now, know what I mean? I just kind of lost the motivation to get my fingers all chalky at this point in time.

Ah, well. I'll put the easel in the corner and pick up where I left off tomorrow. Maybe it's just a time of day thing. Maybe my drawing motivation went away because I know that there's no sunlight right now or something, even though there's plenty of light down here in the basement to draw by.

No comments:

Post a Comment