Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Laid Off

Yup, you read that right. Turns out, all the over-time-ness that was happening was because a few companies were new customers to the pharmaceutical company, so they were getting their stock up of certain products, which is why there were such huge orders.

Those orders were filled at the end of last week, so things slowed way down. Now those customers will only need to replenish their stock every once in a while, and the orders won't be nearly as huge. So, until they get new customers (around the end of January/beginning of February 2010), they won't need so many workers. I was one of three people laid off today. However, the boss guy did say that we'd be the first people he contacts when he needs more help again next year, if we're still available.

At least it won't be so bad now as last time. Tomorrow, I'm going to pick up my second (and last) check from the pharmaceutical company (Yay for apparently having 40-50 hours of over-time since the last paycheck!), deposit it at the bank, and look into a couple of places I heard about for possible job leads. After that, I'll have to go to Staples and buy some new ink for my printer, because I've got to be able to print out resumés and stuff. Then, I'll balance my checkbook and pay the last of the bills for this month, plus whatever I can pay in advance for next month. There will be no Christmas presents bought by Darcy this year--for anyone. :(

Finally, before I go to the Haven on Thursday, I'm going to go to the temp labor place and put my name on the call list for jobs that day. It may be minimum wage, but it'll help me stay at least mostly afloat until I can find another job--hopefully permanent this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment