Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Whew! (50-Book Challenge Update)

Huh.

I thought I'd posted a list of this year's reading so far on this site already, but it turns out I hadn't.

Considering I have just finished an 11-book (so far) series which took weeks to do, I have decided to remedy that now. So far, the only book on this list I've actually read in book form is number 3. Books 4-14 are the first 11 books in David Weber's Honor Harrington series. Book 12 doesn't come out until this June.

  1. Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett (book 37 in the Discworld series)
  2. Dune by Frank Herbert
  3. The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum
  4. On Basilisk Station
  5. The Honor of the Queen
  6. The Short Victorious War
  7. Field of Dishonor
  8. Flag in Exile
  9. Honor Among Enemies
  10. In Enemy Hands
  11. Echoes of Honor
  12. Ashes of Victory
  13. War of Honor
  14. At All Costs
My next reading projects are more paper-based, since I had this idea for an RPG campaign based in the world of Temeraire: In the Service of the King, a series by Naomi Novik. The only problem with that idea is that the series is set during the Napoleonic War, of which I know next to nothing. So I have decided to remedy that by checking books out of the library on the subject and taking copious notes.

Considering how At All Costs ended, I can hardly wait until Mission of Honor comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment