Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ah, Sunday

I forgot to put some paper in my bag so that I could write down the scriptures again, and I got there too late to get a program, so I didn't write any down. However, I did manage to write a quote on one of the blank pages at the beginning of my hymnal. I'll type it in later.

The two talks during sacrament meeting were about modesty of the women (and young women) of the stake, and about the relationship between husbands and wives. Sunday school was a lesson on the Beattitudes from the Sermon on the Mount, and the teacher focused on Matthew chapter 5 and 3 Nephi chapter 12.

In Relief Society, the lesson was on prayer.

My roommate, Kayla's mom and two of her brothers, Garret (6) and Nathan (8) are staying at our house for a few days. Her grandma is also in town, but she's staying at Kayla's uncle's house. Garret and Nathan are adorable, and Sister Miller and her mother taught me a new card game called 13. We also played The Settlers of Catan a couple of times this weekend.

Dinner tonight was Indonesian Chicken--YUM! I taught Jason how to play 13, and then we played a bunch of other games like Checkers, Backgammon, and Mormon Trivia. We both managed to get six spires, but we had both been in and out of the "cloud" a few times by nine pm, so the last time I got the question wrong, we decided to just call it a tie since Jason had to go to bed and I had to go home.

Here's the quote I liked from sacrament meeting:

Good friends should never embarrass you, demean you, or exploit you.
Neither should your clothing.

~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

The only problem I see with that is that many people have been wearing demeaning clothing for so long, they're no longer embarrassed by it. Otherwise, it's a great guide for modesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment