Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Snowed In . . . Yet AGAIN

I got snowed in again today. That's all I've got to say about that.

Over the last week and two days, I've managed to get five more bins over (actually, Uncle Andy brought them over for me last Sunday, because my car was at Fitzgerald for a recall). Today, I just finished cataloguing the last of the books in those five bins. I even shelved 3 bins' worth of books! I've got my own, special location codes that I use at LibraryThing in my tags.

I've added a widget at the side of my blog so that people can see a list of random authors whose books I have.

Gabe at work told me about this place called Demonoid.com where people can download stuff using BitTorrent. He had to e-mail me an invitation to Demonoid, so I gave him my e-mail address. We've been e-mailing back and forth, and we both agree that a certain other person we work with is a bit creepy. Talking in the office at work is kinda weird--it's just so quiet, and it kind of feels like talking is taboo, even though it's not.

Yesterday, I went to lunch at Beans, Bagels & More with Gabe. It felt good to actually TALK in the middle of the day like that. We might go bowling on Saturday.

Gabe's cool and all, but I hope he's not expecting much more than friendship. I mean, he's fun to talk to, and we have a lot of the same interests, but I don't have any physical attraction to him at all. And although that's not the first (or even second, third, fourth or fifth) thing I look for in a guy, for anything more than friendship, it's still pretty important.

My bow is still at my parents' house, and so are the last two bins of books. I'll probably get them all on Sunday.

I should probably shovel the sidewalk and the back path today if I'm going to get out tomorrow morning, but my back hurts from lugging the bins up the stairs so that I could catalogue and shelve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment