Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Man, I feel really dumb right now . . .

Last night, Kimba, Kayla, Anna and I went to Chris H's house (Kayla and Anna call him "Tooth") to play SingStar. That went pretty well, and nothing really eventful happened with the singing--except we all discovered that Chris is a bit tone deaf, but that's okay.

Anna left early, and before that I went outside to put antifreeze in my bug. Pretty easy task, right? Just open the hood, open the radiator cap, and pour.

Well, when Kayla and I left Chris's house around 11:30 last night, the bug's temperature light was still screaming at me! I couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I just left it.

This morning, as I was on my way to work, I figured out why my car keeps saying it doesn't have any coolant--in the dark and the late hour last night, I mistook one symbol for another, and accidentally put antifreeze into the windshield wiper fluid reservoir! Man, I feel dumb.

Luckily, I still have some untainted antifreeze left, so I can put that into the radiator today during my lunch break (gotta wait for the engine to cool down first), but I have no idea how I'm going to clear out the wiper fluid reservoir. I'll have to ask my dad when I get home if he has any ideas.

1 comment:

  1. *Huggles* That's not dumb, luvly. If you'd poured water in the gas tank that would be dumb. Worse comes to worse you can prolli get the auto shop to flush the reservoir to get the anti-freeze fluid out of the windshield wiper well. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete