Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

w00t!

Last night after I got home from class, I was talking to my mom in her room and my dad came in. He asked me what kind of computer it was that we'd looked at as my "dream computer," and how long it would take me to save up for it.

I told him it was some tablet-type PC, and it would take me 10-12 months. Then he showed me a print-out with a laptop (not tablet) and its configuration specs, that had the price blacked out. He told me that he would be willing to buy that computer for me in a week if I wanted it.

He must've gotten a really good income tax return, because he was talking about buying a new refridgerator for the pantry and a new computer for Jason (my brother, not any of the other Jasons I know) as well.

Considering I was not looking forward to keeping my current laptop (which takes at least 20 minutes just to boot up enough so that I can use it for browsing the internet) for another year, I agreed. This will also allow me to save up for other things, such as flight school at The Frederick Flight Center.

I've been looking into getting a private pilot's certificate, and I think I'd like to finance my flight training and ground school, but think I should at least save up some for the first few lessons and such. I'd eventually like to own my own four-seater plane too.

I won't start flight school until this summer at the earliest--got to finish out the semester at FCC at least. But when I do, I'll be going for my private certificate, and then I can go on to train on planes with two engines, and get instrumentation training so I can fly in bad weather. Eventually, I want to get a commercial license so that I can do charter flights.

So, instead of saving up for a computer, I'll be saving up for flight school.

Faster computation, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment