Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

302

That is currently the number of photos I have taken in the Netherlands.  Tomorrow, I will have some more to add from the train stations and the airports, and hopefully the views from the planes after takeoff and before landing.

Today, I didn't leave the hostel until the "walking tour" started around eight p.m.  One of the hostel staff showed us the river and one of the bridges, and we walked over the "Walk of Fame."  I took a few pictures of the Walk, including Ray Charles's panel, as well as Johnny Cash's and someone else's--I can't remember whose though.

Around ten, I went back to the hostel and tried to call the states using Euro coins in the pay phone, but it wouldn't let me.  So I went and got my computer and called Anna via Skype before uploading the pictures from the "tour" onto Facebook.  I'll put them on my portable harddrive later--I didn't feel like bringing that downstairs again too.

Tomorrow after breakfast, I will pack up and check out of the hostel.  They store luggage for you if you ask, so before I head to the train station, I will have them store my luggage long enough for me to get some treats for everyone back home at the market on the corner.  Then, I will put that in whichever bag it will fit before heading to Rotterdam Centraal.

From there, it'll be about an hour's train ride to Shiphol, where I will check in, check my suitcase, and go.  Though I think I'll have at least a couple of hours before the flight even boards, so I will take a better look around the airport than I had on the way in.  I'll also have a better look at the Keflavik airport too.  I wonder if they take Euros, or some other form of currency?

. . . Nope, not Euros, Krona.  If I want food or something in the airport, I'll have to go somewhere that takes American Express then.  No big deal.

From there, it's just another six-hour flight back to Dulles, where I will have to go through Customs before I can get out of there.  I anticipate getting home around 10 p.m.

Thank goodness I have Friday off work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment