Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I've been thinking . . .

That I might do NaNoWriMo this year. More on that later.

Saturday was the most fun I've had at RennFest in years. I didn't wear my garb, because it would've been much too hot, despite the rain--I was sweating from the humidity while trying to keep the rain off of my glasses with one or the other of my umbrellas. I hung out with Pippi, Ruth and Evil Dan, among others from the Haven, and went to a lot of shops I'd never noticed before. I bought a set of two tiny knives, a hand-crafted leather belt, and a pocket watch. I left the faire quite a bit poorer, but happy. Fun times.

And with a headache. By the time we got back to the Haven, my head was killing me. I pitched in for pizza--they were ordering--and then my dad called to say he was out and about, so did I want a ride home? I said sure, and about five minutes after the pizza got there, my dad got there too. So I was able to have a slice of pizza before I left.

Sunday, I played Guitar Hero with Kayla and Jason, and yesterday not much happened except my usual trip to the allergist for my shots.

Today's been pretty boring so far. I'm debating whether or not I want to go to the Haven. I think I probably will.

Anyway, about NaNoWriMo . . .

I've never done it before--never had the inclination to try, or the idea for a story. I don't really have an idea for a new story either, but I do have a fanfic that I've been trying to finish for at least two years now. So I'm thinking that, instead of the traditional 50,000 words, for NaNoWriMo (which I'm pretty sure I couldn't bang out in a month right now anyway), I'll probably impose a chapter count on that fanfic I've been writing, and make that my goal for the month of November.

I've been thinking I could bang out at least two chapters (maybe three) of PPKM in a month if I really cracked down and didn't let myself get distracted by all of the readable stuff out there. Goodness knows I haven't written a single sentence since I posted chapter six!

No comments:

Post a Comment