Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Christmas, overall, was good.

Kayla's uncle Steven (or is it Stephen?) is visiting Maryland, so he's spent Christmas Eve and Day with us so far. After we opened gifts yesterday morning, we went to Grandma's house for the usual gift opening there, and--something new--Christmas Brunch. I guess they decided not to deal with the hassel of a full-on sit-down Christmas dinner.

Mom, Dad and I left earlier than everyone else, and I spent the extra time between our getting home and dinner time finishing Dragons of Winter Night and reading the book Grandma wrote about herself. There was much distraction--I kept getting fascinated by Jason's Erector set. I've also decided that I'm not going to read Dragons of Spring Dawning, etc, unless I have nothing else more interesting or new to read.

Dinner was breakfast, since the brunch wasn't all that. Then, we all played Halo--well, Dad, Anna, Tim, Kayla, Stephen and I did anyway--Kimba and Mom don't do video games, and Jason's grounded until tomorrow. Around eleven, I decided to stop and take a shower before heading upstairs to relax a bit before bedtime.

Gifts I Gave (and the people I gave them to):

  • Jason: Gryffindor silk tie and lambswool scarf set
  • Kayla: Guitar Hero Aerosmith for PS2
  • Anna: An authentic replica of Lucius Malfoy's walking stick/wand
  • Kimba: A "teaching bag" (as she calls it) with her name on it, and Travel Scrabble
  • Dad: A digital photo frame, with 13 pictures of the family and special occasions (such as senior class pics, Mom & Dad's wedding, and graduations)
  • Mom: Two pair of jeans in size 10Long, since she fits my size jeans now

Gifts I Received (I can never remember who gave me what, but anything with a * is something that was on my list):

  • Electronic Phase 10
  • Sudoku the board game
  • The Story of My Life by Grandma S. (the book about her that I talked about earlier)
  • A book of wide-staff musical manuscript paper*
  • What Would MacGyver Do?
  • The Year of Living Biblically
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Musical Composition*

No comments:

Post a Comment