Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Four-Day Weekend

I started my Christmas shopping on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening. I'm not typing what I got in here though, since I know at least one person whose gift I bought actually reads this blog.

Thursday was okay. Dinner preparation was mostly hitch-less. I had to get Anna to help me slice the cabbage, because there's no way I would have been able to get it that thin--I'm more of a thick-slice gal.

Grandma, Aunt Tammy, Aunt Peggy, Uncle Dan, Michael and Katrina came over for dinner. We were supposed to have missionaries over too (we were the ones who'd actually signed up on their dinner calendar for Thanksgiving dinner), but apparently they had three other invitations not on the calendar. They didn't show up at all--not even for dessert.

I was feeling kind of ill during dinner, which was kind of aggravated by not having any real support for my upper back/head while I sat at the table (I had a folding chair). The result was not fun, or pretty. But at least it didn't get on the floor. I was not allowed to have pie until Friday. :(

After dinner, Aunt Barbara dropped off C.J. and Danielle, and we watched Get Smart, then when the younger kids went to bed (and Kimba left) the rest of us watched Wall-E. Both were good movies.

Friday was pretty much a lazy day all around.

Saturday, I alternated reading with updating my iPod with new music. My current iTunes library has 2,536 audio files on it, and my external hard drive (and some other CDs) has even more files which I haven't transferred over because I'm not going to be listening to them anytime really soon. I just barely got started with the updating on Saturday before I decided to let it go for the night.

Sunday, I finished the iPod update, including three songs which I bought from iTunes because Kayla hadn't downloaded them when she used my iTunes and I wanted them. I got "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden, "Rev 22:20" by Puscifier, and "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks. Including those three songs, I have over 1,000 audio files (I'd say "songs," but I've also got Dutch language stuff) on my iPod.

It took the better part of the day (at least eight hours) to pick out the songs I wanted on the iPod, but I managed to fill all but about twelve megabites of my 4-gig iPod Nano. A lot of the songs on there were old when I was in school, so they're practically ancient songs now (like the Beach Boys songs). Some are relatively new, like the Hannah Montana stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get hurt? Or was the folding chair just annoying to sit in?

    ReplyDelete