Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Adventures in Sandwich Eating

I meant to get a lot more done on Saturday than I actually did get done.

Friday night, I checked Weather Bug, and it said there was a 40% chance of rain the next day, so I didn't set my alarm clock at all for Saturday morning. I wasn't about to try riding my bike downtown, only to get stuck in the rain. Thing is, it didn't rain until Saturday evening. Argh.

When I did wake up, Jason called and reminded me that we still had to go to the library before next Saturday, so that he could return his books in time. Problem is, he forgot one of them, so he couldn't check any out. I wanted to get one of the nifty new library cards, that have a copy you can put on your key ring, but I didn't have any cash with me and replacement cards cost $1.

So, Jason pretty much just dropped of his books, and then I took him with me on my errands.

We went to Lowes first. I had to get a new cover for the light in the upstairs hallway. The old one had fallen and shattered a couple nights after I moved in, and Jen C. kept bugging everyone about it. Kayla and I were perfectly content to leave the light as it was, since replacing the shade part was not an absolute necessity, and we have more important things to worry about/spend our money on. But no, Jen C. just would not leave it alone.

Anyway, after Lowes, we went to Costco. I got gas, then we actually went inside the store, where I got a large bag of Doritos (for lunches), a honeydew melon (my fruit for this paycheck), and some Apple & Eve juices (also for lunches). Once that was done, we went to Wal*Mart for the rest of my groceries before I took Jason home.

I put the groceries and stuff away, then did a little bit of reading until aroun 6:30, when Anna came to get Kayla and me. Anna's birthday is this Wednesday, but she's getting surgery on her ankle today and won't be able to go anywhere without a wheelchair for at least three weeks after that. So, as an "it's the last free night you'll have before your birthday" thing, we went with her and Cashaw to Pittsburgh to get sandwiches from Primanti Bros.

Primanti Bros. sandwiches are pretty interesting. You choose what meat you want, and whether or not you want cheese (it's always provolone). The bread is always the same, and it's about an inch thick. Then, they put slaw and french fries right on the sandwich. I had a roast beef sandwich with cheese. It was good, but I think next time I'll have it without the slaw.

The drive there and back was fun. Cashaw is really interesting, and we had conversations about everything from banking to religion. He even said he might teach me to do photo editing once he gets his photography business up and running the way he wants it to be. We didn't get back to mine and Kayla's house until around 5:45 in the morning on Sunday. (We didn't get to the restaurant until around 11:30 or midnight.)

I didn't wake up until 3pm on Sunday, then I looked through this week's TVGuide before I left for Mom & Dad's house. Anna and I watched Smallville and it was over just as dinner--Indonesian Chicken, at Mom's request for Mother's Day--was ready.

After dinner, we all did various other things for a while, then Dad and I ended up watching Testaments in the living room while Jason played on his computer. Jason had to go to bed before the movie was over, and I left after the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment