Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Strange . . .

I think that I might actually get finished with Order of the Phoenix faster than I did Goblet of Fire.

What makes me think that? Well, it took me a few weeks to a month to read Goblet, right? I've only been reading Phoenix for two or three days, but I'm already on chapter nine (The Woes of Mrs. Weasley)! I think the reason it took me so long to read Goblet of Fire was because, out of the six current books, Goblet of Fire is my sixth favorite. It just doesn't really do all that much for me, so reading it takes longer because I don't really want to, I guess. In order of favorite to least, I'd rank the Harry Potter books thus:

  1. Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
  2. Half-Blood Prince (Book 6)
  3. Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3 -- This is actually kind of strange, 'cause before OotP, PoA was my favorite!)
  4. Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone (Book 1)
  5. Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)
  6. Goblet of Fire (Book 4)

It was kind of difficult to decide between books 1, 2 and 3, so I just listed them. They're pretty much tied for third though, not 3, 4 and 5.

Also, Goblet of Fire, besides bringing Voldemort back to life, doesn't really do much except set up Order of the Phoenix. There isn't even any Quidditch, and while the Triwizard Tournament is pretty cool, it just seems like filler to me. Even Rita's articles don't do much except setup the whole media "Mock Harry" media-fest in Order of the Phoenix.

I'll post an updated list after I've read Deathly Hallows this summer--look for the new list around my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment