Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Comcast Sucks, Verizon Rocks!

So, my roommates and I have all been rather unhappy with the service we've been getting from our cable company since Comcast took over Adelphia. I'd be on the phone (my CELL phone, which I only get 300 minutes for every month) for at least 20 minutes, usually more, whenever I needed to make a service call. Plus, our internet pretty much sucks.

Then I looked into getting a different service.

Verizon was offering a bundle with FiOS (pretty much the fastest internet service you can get right now), a land-line phone (yay!), and cable TV (with DirecTV CHOICE), all for less than we've been paying Comcast for just the TV and internet. Plus, a free 19" television to go with it.

You'd better believe I signed us up for that! Then, we cancelled our Comcast services, effective sometime later today. The Verizon people are supposed to be there sometime tomorrow to hook everything up, and the DirecTV people should be there on Wednesday to do their thing.

I told my dad about it last night, and he was all like, "You're lucky. Out here, I have the choice of Comcast or nothing."

Yay for Verizon!

I'll let specific peeps (you know who you are) know what the home phone number is when I have that information. I forgot to write it down while I was setting up the account.

No comments:

Post a Comment