Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Monday, February 19, 2007

FINALLY!

Well, I got to watch the Smallville episode.

I had to go to my parents' house before it finished downloading (it had about half an hour left), but after dinner, Anna drove me back to my place so we could pick up the hard drive.

Then, she got an S-cable to hook up her computer to her 27-inch TV which she got from Scott. But the silly girl thought that her mouse port was her S-cable connection (she and I have the same type of laptop).

So, she went downstairs and got the laptop Aunt Tammy got rid of, which Dad was going to give to Anna anyway. Only thing was, the screen on that one wasn't working.

So, we hooked up the hard drive to Anna's original laptop again and saved a copy of the episode on the network. Then, Anna got Dad's laptop and hooked up the S-cable. The problem with that was, we couldn't get Dad's laptop to read the network drive that we'd saved the episode onto!

We finally discovered that Anna's laptop (and, by extension, my laptop as well) has a TV video jack in the side! D'oh! We hooked up the video, then Anna hooked up the audio through the speaker jack with this cable she has that can connect to it as well as to the audio plugs on a TV.

A couple Ctrl+F4's, and we were good to go--television on the computer on the television!

When I got home later and looked in my desk, I realized that, with my camcorder, I'd gotten the exact same cables I'd need to do the same thing at my place with my laptop!

So Patrick J. is coming over after work today to watch the episode, since he didn't get to see it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment