Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My New Place







Here's my bedroom. It looks a little different, now that Kimba helped me put the drapes up today. I don't have a new picture, since I took this batch of pictures this morning.








This is the "book nook," as I like to call it, right a cross the hall from my bedroom. Not very many books in there yet, but all of the knick-knacks there are mine.








This is the 3rd floor bathroom, which I only have to share with one other person . . . yay!








Down one floor, we come to the back deck (this picture was taken from inside the kitchen door--it's frickin' cold outside!














This is our lovely, yet somewhat empty, kitchen.














On the same floor is our "living room," I guess you'd call it. In the corner closest to the kitchen are two couches, then moving to the right is Jen R's corner. Kayla has the wall opposite the kitchen, and everything from the electronic keyboard to the stairs is mine. I think Jen C. keeps all her stuff in her room (she has the master suite, complete with cathedral ceiling).














This is our TV room. There's not much in it, but Kayla bought a TV big enough to watch in that huge entertainment center. The treadmill at the back is Jen R's, and the small case of DVDs/videos is mine, as well as the white book case with the "suspended animation" clock on top.



The fireplace was really NICE to come home to yesterday after a short day at work and a drive in the snow. When I got home, Jen C. was watching Memoirs of a Geisha (my movie), and I decided to join her, so I grabbed my pillow and a blanket from upstairs, and laid down with my back to the fire. There's a rumor that the Jens are working on getting a couch for the TV room, but I haven't seen one yet.








Jen R's room is on the first floor, just before you come to the TV room. Both Kimba and I thought at first that there was only curtains, and no door, but there really is a door there. I'm still not sure if Jen R. has a bathroom in her room or not, but I think she does.








And THIS is the entry! I didn't take a picture of how the house looks from the outside, because it's so cold, but this is what it looks like from JUST inside the front door.



The doorknobs in this house are kind of weird to me. If you lock the door, you can still turn the handle to get out, but if you're trying to get in, you'd better have your key with you, because it won't budge if it's locked. I've never lived anywhere else where you could get OUT if the door was locked.



Anyway, that's my place. Hope you like! And even if you don't, that's okay, 'cause you don't have to live here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment