Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stuck Home Again

Well, Kimba did help me shovel the back walk and the driveway in the back yesterday. But someone plowed the road back there, and now there's a mound of ice-hardened snow where there used to be a perfectly clean end of the driveway. My little VW Bug won't get over that.

I called Kimba (she has a Toyota Rav4, with 4-wheel drive, which is how she was able to get here yesterday), but I'd woken her up. Her back was hurting, and I felt bad enough that she'd shoveled my driveway with her heart condition yesterday, so I told her to go back to sleep.

I called work again and told them that I couldn't get there, so I'm home for another day. Good thing I have enough vacation time for three snow days if I need them. I just hope I don't, because I've got plans for the rest of it--plus the week's worth I should be earning over the rest of the year.

I'm hoping to go to girls' camp this year with the young women in the stake--I miss girls' camp, and I still have yet to go on the fourth-year hike, so if I do go this summer, I'd want to be with the fourth years as a leader-type person.

Plus, I'm hoping to go to SEFF (the Southeastern FoLC Festival) to meet a few of my friends from the Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards. Although, it's kind of iffy whether or not there will even be a SEFF this year, since Genine (the person who's organizing the event) is currently having some doubts about her ability to be there.

If there's no SEFF, I hope to be able to go to LAFF, but that's not very likely. SEFF would be in Tennessee, which is get-to-able, but LAFF is in Los Angeles (I almost typed "Lois Angeles!"), and no matter which one I went to, I'd still have to buy a plane ticket, since driving there would take too much time, and I don't have that much paid vacation time!

Not to mention, saving up money for food and souvenirs and the hotel room and such is going to be difficult with my current financial situation. I just hope my income tax returns get deposited soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment