Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ok, no need to panic . . .

This morning, I had trouble staying asleep. I woke up around 6am, looked at the clock, and then tried to go back to sleep.

I had a nice sleep, then I realized that it had probably been too long to wait for my alarm. I looked at the clock, and and it was completely blank! So I went downstairs and looked at my cell phone--it was 7:49! We had had a power outage sometime between 6 & 7 this morning.

I turned off the laptop (the dock had no power, and the screen had frozen, so I had to take out the battery), looked out the window and saw all the snow, so I called work and left a message saying I wouldn't be coming in because the roads were un-driveable. I probably wouldn't have been able to get my car out of the street anyway.

So, I tried to get on the 'net and make this post once the power came back on, but my wireless connection wasn't working. I thought it was the wireless card, because the wireless router seemed to be working fine. Turns out, it was the internet connection itself.

Dad couldn't help over the phone, but Kayla fixed it a little while ago. She fiddled with the connections to the router, and then flipped the light switch for the internet connection on and off. All I had to do was restart my computer after that, and connection was a snap!

Thank goodness. I'd've hated to have to wait until tomorrow for any sort of internet connection (at work) and then have to wait until my dad could get here to fix the connection. He already needs to help me with the drapes in my room.

I took some pictures of my new place while I was waiting for the computer to re-boot, so I'll get those uploaded and then post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment