Yet another journal-type place for Darcy to rant, rave, and/or recuperate from the world.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday

I tried to watch the Smallville episode from this week, but two things prevented me from doing so:

  1. The cable company was having trouble (due to the weather) with their sattelite feed from the CW.
  2. The tape I'd taped it on was old--as in, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel: The Series first run OLD.

So, the sound was really bad, and the picture was all fuzzy, and the whole thing would just cut in and out for no apparent reason.

In order to see the episode, I have to download it from Limewire--the download is running now. I got a 160GB external hard drive yesterday (after I ran my errands for the next two weeks) with season 1 of M*A*S*H, and seasons 2 & 3 of MacGyver (they didn't have seasons 1, 4, or 5 at Best Buy, and those are the only ones I need now).

Went to church today. While I was sitting in sacrament meeting, I decided that every Sunday, I'm going to write down all of the scriptures we look up on all three hours of church, and put the references in this blog, plus actually quote my favorite for the day.

So, here are this week's scriptures:

  • Doctrine & Covenants 107:23
  • St. John chapters 3 & 4
  • Mosiah 5:2 & 7
  • Moses 6:59-60
  • Matthew 25:40
  • Alma 7:11-12

AND, this one was actually quoted first, but I liked it the best:

Children, obey your parents in the Lord for this is right.

Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with
promise;)

That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the
nurture and admonition of the Lord.

(Ephesians 6:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment